1. Tell class: Today you will learn about fruits and vegetables. By the end of class, you will be able to sort them into different categories.
2. Display pictures of common fruits and vegetables to the class. Have students identify their names by raise of hand.
3. Distribute glue sticks, pictures of fruits and vegetables, and worksheets with color words labeled red, green, and yellow.
4. Tell students to glue pictures under proper labels on worksheets.
5. Students will work independently for 10 minutes.
6. Discuss the worksheets as a class. Ask students where and why they sorted fruits and vegetables under particular labels.
7. Hand out pictures of fruits and vegetables (again) and worksheet with size words labeled small, medium, and large.
8. Repeat steps 5 and 6.
9. Collect all worksheets.
Assessment: Students are assessed on the ability to correctly categorize fruits and vegetables according to label as well as their ability to explain why they did so.